Headquartered in Lino Lakes, MN, Molin was founded in 1897 and is a leader in precast concrete components. The company serves as a source for complete precast building systems. They offer product design, manufacturing and installation of precast concrete products.
Molin Precast Concrete Homes & Products
Molin offers a wide range of residential precast concrete products. The company has also created the Precast Lake Home, which is built using Molin’s hollow core floor, precast wall panels and prestressed beam products.
Molin Concrete Precast Lake House
The Precast Lake House is located in Aitkin County, MN, and was designed by the owner of the home.
The home spans two stories with three bedrooms and 2.5 baths. The owner used Molin’s insulated precast concrete walls and their precast concrete structural beam product to support the upper floor’s prestressed hollow core.
The interior side of the walls were furred to allow for electrical wiring, and then covered with wood and drywall.
On the main level of the home, the ceiling features exposed hollow core precast concrete with a faux wood beam element.
The home also features a standing seam metal roof with wood framing.
To better understand the quality of Molin’s products, let’s take a closer look at each of the components used in the Lake House.
Hollow Core Planks
Hollow Core Slabs, also known as Hollow Core planks, are a cost-effective option for floors and roof decks. However, slabs can be used in a variety of construction projects. The slabs are designed with prestressed concrete to add to the efficiency of the building.
Extruded and Flexicore planks are available, based on the application needs.
Benefits of Hollow Core Slabs include:
- Fast installation
- Reduced costs and labor
- Sound-proof and fireproof
- High load-bearing
- Spans open spaces for greater design flexibility
Precast Concrete Wall Panels
Molin Concrete also offers precast concrete panel walls, which come in a variety of styles, such as:
- Insulated architectural wall panels: R values up to R19 with continuous air barrier and vapor protection. Ideal for data centers, offices and schools, these wall panels come in a multitude of colors, textures and finishes.
- Solid architectural wall panels: Maintenance-free options, with a wide range of thickness and finishes to fit any construction project.
- Insulated foundation wall panels: Fire resistant up to four hours, easy to install and offers vapor retarder and continuous air barrier.
- Solid foundation wall panels: Precast solid foundations are ideal for installation in cold temperatures and severe weather. These foundations are optional for basement or below grade walls, cut down construction time and also improve overall energy efficiency. Additionally, these wall panels are made in PCI-certified facilities.
- Solid shear wall panels: Solid shear panels are designed to offer lateral load transfer to the foundation system. Fast and easy to install, these panels provide exceptional support even in harsh conditions and are often used for elevator and stair enclosures.
Each panel option comes with its own benefits, but they all help reduce construction time and costs. Read more on precast concrete benefits.
Molin is a concrete beam manufacturer. Their prestressed beams provide reinforcement for multi-story buildings. In addition, they come in a variety of sizes, making them a great fit for residential projects.
Prestressed beams are 24” wide, and the depth can range from 16” to 40.” If needed, Molin can create beams with a smaller width.
Precast lintel beams are also available in widths of 7-5/8” and 11-5/8” with depths ranging from 8” to 40.”
Prestressed beams offer many advantages.
- They’re quick to install, which reduces labor costs.
- They’re produced in a factory to ensure consistency and quality.
- They’re quick to manufacture.
- They come in a variety of depths.
Molin stands out as a manufacturer of precast concrete components. The company has been in the business for many years (since 1897), and their precast concrete products are ideal for residential use.
Visit Molin.com to get started on your precast concrete home.