SRM Concrete is family-owned and operated company has been in business since 1999.
What began as a backyard concrete plant has grown into a company with more than 5,000 employees in 16 states.
The company, which is headquartered in Murfreesboro, TN, has been involved in several high-profile projects, including the Gordie Howe International Bridge, Project Mango Amazon (Tallahassee, FL), Frisco High School (Frisco, TX), Tower III (Dallas, TX), Jane and John Justin Tower (Fort Worth, TX), Epic Deep Ellum (Dallas, TX), Nissan Stadium and more.
SRM offers both a ready-mix product called Smyrna and concrete blocks.
Smyrna Ready Mix Products
SRM has a Concrete Block Division that manufactures:
- Concrete blocks (CMUs), including concrete blocks, UL-rated blocks, split face CMUs and Pro-Block Products.
- Architectural blocks (ACMUs), including split face, smooth face, ground face and DecraStone Products.
- Retaining wall products (SRWs), including geogrid, ridge rock and adhesives.
- Construction products, including Portland cement, colored mortar, gray mortar, CastCrete Precast Lintels and Wire-Bond masonry accessories.
DecraStone is an SRM company that creates the parent company’s architectural CMUs. Their products have been used in projects such as the Dudy Noble Field in Missouri and the Lynn Family Stadium in Louisville, KY.
SRM Concrete Services
SRM offers two main Smyrna ready mix products: Decorative and Performance.
SRM’s Decorative concrete adds color or texture to traditional gray concrete. They have a wide range of colors to choose from, including:
Additionally, SRM offers specialized cleaning products to protect the integrity of the concrete and the color pigment.
Along with Decorative concrete, SRM also offers a Performance concrete product. SRM can produce concrete with an impressive strength of 14,000 psi. Customers have a wide range of options, including:
- Colored concrete
- Exposed aggregates
- Faster setting times
- Concrete stains
- Higher strength concrete
Performance concrete mix includes additional ingredients to help customers achieve the results they want and reduce the overall cost of the project.
Their concrete mixes include:
- Steelfoot: A footing mix that provides the reinforcement non-reinforced footing cannot. This mix improves strength, reduces labor and has a quicker consolidation.
- Realfoot: Designed for use with structural footings that can be poured from a 4-8″ slump without reducing strength or set times. Realfoot offers improved strength, easy placement and greater flowability.
- FloorCrete: An interior flatwork concrete mix for improved slump placement. This product offers reduced surface problems, improved finish ability and enhanced durability. Slump ranges from 4-6 inches.
- TempCrete: A performance mix designed to accelerate the heat of hydration in all temperatures. This product was created to significantly enhance finishing characteristics, including quick set times and reducing labor in freezing temperatures.
- ConsoliCrete: A mix that eliminates the need for manual and vibration compaction in difficult-to-reach areas. This product is self-leveling and helps reduce labor. It produces quality concrete with an excellent finish. Slump ranges are from 8-9 inches.
- WallCrete: A mix that has numerous placement options, including bucketing and 2” line pumps. WallCrete can be poured up to 7” slump without losing its reliable set time or strength. Easy and fast placement are two other benefits of this mix.
- EZ-Drive: A mix designed for exterior flatwork for easy and fast placement. It’s commonly used for driveways. EZ-Drive can be placed in a 6” slump and in hot or cold weather. The product offers greater durability and surfaces that are free from dust, scaling and crazing.
- PumpCrete: A 3,000-4,000 psi mix designed for better pumpability. PumpCrete can be placed in an up to 6” slump and can be used in all applications.
- Flow Pro: A mix that works well for backfill needs. It is available in both high- and low-density grades with zero compaction. High flowability makes it easy to excavate in the future, and the product is easy to place.
- ColorCrete: A 3,000-4,000 psi mix designed for color application. This mix beautifies and adds value to the project.
In addition to their mixes, SRM also offers specialized and expert concrete services through their Quality Assurance Department. They provide:
- Concrete testing on-site
- Mix design development
- Trial mixes for colored concrete projects
- Monitoring of concrete quality and placement
- Technical support before and after placement
- Recommending and evaluating solutions for problems
SRM Concrete has locations in 16 states, including:
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
These locations include their plants, quarries, pumping, building products, cement terminals, harbors and blocks.